To describe it in one word: Confusing
This is what the Bermuda department of immigration website says (link updated June 2019)
- Indian citizens are on the Visa Nationals list. I.e. we require visas.
- Indian citizens can arrive in Bermuda without a visa if they have either a) US Green Card, b) Canada Green Card or c) Indefinite Leave to remain in the UK
- We can get a “visa waiver” if we have any other multiple entry visa to the UK, USA or Canada (and are flying to Bermuda from one of those countries & returning to one of them as well). This includes visas such as (but not limited to) H1, L1, B1, UK Tier 1, UK Tier 2, Student visas, Multiple Entry Tourist visas, Canada Temporary Resident visa etc.
- We need to pay a $200 per head visa waiver fee — which is preposterous in my opinion
But then when we called the Bermuda Department of Immigration, they told us something completely different :
- Indian citizens are not on the Visa Nationals list. I.e. We do not need visas at all.
- And also, very confusingly, we still somehow need multiple entry visas to US/Canada/UK.
- No clarity on the $200 visa waiver fee
So the visa confusion, coupled with the expensiveness of Bermuda and unavailability of late evening flights to/from New York, ensured that I don’t visit Bermuda.
If you have experience in Bermuda visas / visa-waivers – please do comment below