I went to Kuala Lumpur in June 2019 along with 2 colleagues on Business. The visa process was straight forward and handled by our travel agent. We were issued electronic visas (in PDF form). All our documents, including passport, were also submitted in electronic form.
Below documents were submitted:
- Passport scan copy
- Three photos (were send to the embassy by travel agent)
- Air ticket
- Covering letter stating intention of visit
- Invitation letter from client
Straightforward process. Took 4-5 days to complete.
Visa Status — DENIED!
Target Country: Malaysia
Passport: Indian Passport
Visa Type: Business Visa
Processing Consulate/Embassy: Malaysian High Commission, New Delhi, India
1. Signed form
2. Photocopy of international credit card
3. Two passport sized photos (see below for details).
4. Covering letter from company saying they are sponsoring me
5. Ticket & Hotel information from company
6. Financial information from company
Talk about stupidity. The embassy asked for 2 photographs, 4.5 x 3.5 cms, with my face on a WHITE background. The photos I submitted, apparently did not have the exact shade of white they wanted.
I have used the same set of photos before. Infact my passport has the same photo! I don’t see what’s wrong with it.
Anyway, they wanted me to fly to Delhi again (already did once to submit the application) and go to the embassy for a face-to-face “interview” and bring new photos.
Are they serious?? Do they really think that someone who is backed by strong bank accounts and excellent education will want to stay in Malaysia illegally? In Malaysia?? A third world country? Really? If my fellow Indians have done that in the past, I feel sorry for them.
Anyway I didn’t have time to fly back to the embassy. So bad luck!